December 27, 2012
Here’s a simple one that I bet you could have figured out all by yourself.
Just add one or two packets of Peppermint Mocha Via. It depends if you want a hint of coffee or a smack of coffee.
And then for crunch, color, and kick a little crushed peppermint candy. Even though the peppermint flavor comes through in the Via, I went ahead and added in peppermint candy. I went a little Christmas candy crazy at Target the weekend after Thanksgiving and I’m in a hurry to unload it all before Spring.
Plus it just looks awesome!
So that’s how I made my Peppermint Mocha Latte Cookies but there are plenty of other ways to make it happen.
1. Coffee flavoring and peppermint extract. LorAnn Oils has several options for coffee-flavorings including cappuccino, regular coffee, kona coffee and my fav, keoke.
2. Brewed espresso and any peppermint candy within reach.
3. Espresso powder and powdered CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha
However you decide to make them your cookies will be twice as tasty as the drink they’re named after and half as expensive!
Peppermint Mocha Latte Cookies
1 1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 packets Starbuck’s Via Peppermint Mocha
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup cocoa
3 1/2 – 4 cups flour
…..Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, Via and crushed peppermint in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add in the eggs and extract beating until well-blended.
4. Add in the dry ingredients one cup at a time until the dough is fully incorporated.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to the desired thickness. Place the cut cookies onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for 8-12 minutes. Baking time will be determined by the thickness and overall dimension of cookies.
6. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack.